This exhibit is for artists who have already been accepted to the 2019 Holiday Festival of the Arts. If you are unsure of your accepted status, please contact Katy at the information below.
For the month of December, Allied Arts would like to feature our FABULOUS Holiday Festival talent at our downtown Gallery and give you all a chance to exhibit some of your high-end showpieces that you may not normally show at the festival.
Where: Allied Arts Gallery 1418 Cornwall Ave., Bellingham, WA
Contact: Katy Tolles, Artist Services Coordinator (360) 676-8548, ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Artwork Drop-off Date: Tuesday & Wednesday, December 3 or 4, 10am – 5pm
Exhibit Dates: Friday, December 6 thru Wednesday, December 18, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday, December 6, 6 – 9pm (please plan to attend the opening; this is your show!)
Artwork Pick-Up: Thursday and Friday, December 19 & 20, 10am – 5pm
How to participate:
- Participation is on a first come/first shown basis. Art will be accepted for display based on when we receive the form below (or download, print and fill out a PDF form here) and the medium you are wanting to display. Because our gallery is a much smaller space than the festival venue, we have different display restrictions for each medium.
- 2-D, Ceramics, Fiber Art, Glass, Metal/Sculpture, Mixed Media, Wood and other mediums that sit on a pedestal or hang on the wall, you will be asked which works you plan to bring and may be allowed up to three pieces depending on size and turnout at the time of application. Works meant to hang must have sturdy wires in place, works on paper or fabric must be under glass unless cleared by Allied Arts Staff.
- Jewelry artists will be given one of six 12″ x 12″ shelves.
- Food and Bath & Body artisans can have a small display of items on one of our pedestals (they range in size from 12” x 12” to 24” x 24”. Please use the Allied Arts price tags provided to you for the festival to mark your items and bring any display items you may need to use.
- The Gallery shall be responsible for the safekeeping of artwork while in its custody only. The Gallery shall be strictly liable to the Artist for their loss or damage (except for damage resulting from flaws inherent in the Artworks), for the wholesale price of the item.
- Allied Arts of Whatcom County shall deduct 40% commission on all sales and pay the artist no later than the 15th of the month following the end of the exhibit.
- Label work with your name and the title of the piece
- Take your packing supplies with you, we do not have adequate storage for packing supplies and it will be thrown away if left. We have bubble wrap and bags for wrapping purchased works.
When your form is turned in, you will be contacted by Katy or her assistant about what exactly we can accommodate and a reminder of the dates above. If you have further questions, please contact Katy Tolles, email@example.com or 360-676-8548 ext 2.