PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE APPLICATION CAREFULLY!
If you have any questions about any part of the application please contact: Katy Borden at (360) 676-8548 x2 or by e-mail
The original April 25th deadline for applications has passed. However, you may still fill out the application below and be placed on wait-list. Applications on wait-list will be pulled and juried as needed to fill spots in that medium.
Click here to download a PDF version of the application OR, you can fill out the application online!! (Scroll down)
About Bellwether Arts Market
Dates: 4 Sundays – August, 4th, 11th, 18th, & 25th, 2013
Set up and Registration each day: 8am – 10am
Festival Hours: 10am – 4pm
Booth Size: 10’ x 10’
Booth Fee: $85/1 day, $165/2 days, $240/3 days, $310/4days (double booths based on availability)
The Bellwether Arts Market is a festival created by the Port of Bellingham and Allied Arts of Whatcom County. This market will consist of around 24 artist, vendor, and information booths and will be held Sunday afternoons at Tom Glenn Common on the Bellingham waterfront. The goals of this festival are to both highlight our talented local artists and vendors and to bring locals and visitors down to our beautiful waterfront.
- By applying to this festival, you are agreeing to comply with the following guidelines:
- Application deadline is Thursday, April 25th, 2013 by 5pm. All applications must include images, application form and Allied Arts membership (if applicable), to be considered for participation in the Arts Market.
- Vendor and info booths may only display work in the categories in which they are accepted.
- All work must be hand-made: This guideline will be strictly adhered to for this festival due to the small number of booths. An emphasis will be put on selecting high quality arts, crafts, and packaged food (vs. using pre-made components).
- Vendor and info booths may not exhibit the work of other artists.
- No more than two vendors may collaborate on work for one booth. Collaborating artists may submit one application and pay for one booth only if they collaborate on every piece of work, or if each artists’ work is represented equally in the booth space.
- All work displayed must be of the quality submitted for jurying. Allied Arts reserves the right to require removal of items that are not of the quality and/or category approved.
- In order to sustain a high quality of work, everyone must jury, regardless of participation in past AAWC festivals or shows.
- Vendors and info. booths will provide their own tables, displays, and 10’ x 10’ white top canopy. ABSOLUTELY NO TARPS OR MAKE-SHIFT TENTS WILL BE ALLOWED! All canopies must be weighted down due to the possibilities of weather and winds on the waterfront.
- No commission is taken at this festival.
- Vendors and info booths must be present and their booths open for business throughout the entirety of the festival.
- Allied Arts of Whatcom County acquires a special event contract for the Bellwether Arts Market from the City of Bellingham: this does NOT absolve vendors from their state and federal obligations. Vendors will handle all their own sales and liability insurance. Receipt books will not be provided.
Tentative 2013 Application Timeline
Thursday, April 25th Friday, May 10th Friday, May 24th Deadline for Jury decisions
Notification letters applications made sent
Allied Arts requires that anyone who applies for a festival, gallery show, or event must be a business member of Allied Arts ($65 or higher) at time of application deadline.
- APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NO LATER THEN 5pm on Thursday, April 25th, 2013
- Submissions for consideration must include all of the following and membership fees if applicable. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
- To be considered your application must include:
- 4 – 10 current images (taken within the last 2 years) in digital format, either on a CD or flash drive. Images will be displayed on an LCD projector for jury and used for publicity, so please make sure they are high-resolution. If you have participated in other festivals, please include at least one picture of your display. (Information booths please provide a logo). If accepted, and images are of high caliber, they may be used for promotional purposes.
- Image list with descriptions of each piece. Include title, size, medium, price and year produced.
- Brief description of your information booth, technique and/or artist’s statement . We require at least a 30 words or less description for publicity purposes, but include a longer one if you like.
Submitting Your Application
Mail packets to: Allied Arts of Whatcom County – 2013 BAM
PO Box 2584, Bellingham, WA 98227
Drop off packets at: The Allied Arts of Whatcom County offices, located at 1418 Cornwall Avenue, in Downtown Bellingham. We are across the street from Dakota Arts. We are open Monday through Friday 10am to 5pm and Saturday from 12 to 5pm.
Please include a self addressed stamped envelope if you would like your CDs or flash drive returned. Rejected applications need to be picked up no later then June 30th, 2013. Accepted applications will not be returned until after the festival.