When: May 19, 10 am to 5 pm and May 20, 12 pm to 5 pm
Where: Allied Arts Gallery, 1418 Cornwall Ave, Downtown Bellingham
Afraid to open the door to your workspace for fear of being buried in an avalanche of stuff! Or are you needing to build your stash and looking for good deals on arts and crafts supplies? Studio Sweep is for you! Join us on Friday, May 19, 10am to 5pm and Saturday, May 20, 12pm to 5pm to get rid of or obtain gently used (or not used at all) art, craft and office supplies. This event will take place at the Allied Arts Gallery on 1418 Cornwall Ave., Bellingham WA 98225. Participation is open to all members and the community at large. Things you might find are paint brushes, canvas, pottery supplies, easels, drawing materials, textiles, beads, tools, studio seconds, prints, fine art pieces, musical instruments, costumes… and the list goes on.
There are two ways to sweep your studio
1. Rent a space: Sell your excess paint brushes, canvas, pottery supplies, easels, drawing materials, textiles, beads, tools, studio seconds, prints, fine art pieces, musical instruments, costumes… and the list goes on. Bring your own tables or display materials of your choice. Register using this form: 2017 Studio Sweep Application, space is limited. Deadline is for registration is Tuesday May 15.
• Space Size: 6’ x 6’
• Fees: $20 for members & $30 for non-members registering by Tuesday May 15.
$30 for day, of or late registrations.
• You must provide your own tables and display furniture.
• Set up: Friday, May 19 from 8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
• Open Hours: Friday and Saturday, May 19 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and May 20 from 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
• There will be a one hour swap meet for all the participants prior to opening to the public from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. on Friday.
• Take down: Saturday May 20 after 4:00 p.m.
• We want to leave the space better than we found it, so please make sure any containers or machinery that contain liquid are securely sealed. If you are unsure about something leaking please bring a tarp.
2. Donate Items: You may donate your items directly to the Allied Arts Thrift Store at 1418 Cornwall Ave. Bellingham WA, 98225, before May 15. Allied Arts of Whatcom County is a 501 (C) (3) non-profit, all proceeds from sales of donated items go to support arts in the community. Donations are tax deductible, be sure to ask for a Donation Receipt when you drop off your items.
Allied Arts of Whatcom County, 1418 Cornwall Ave. 98225, 360.676.8548, www.alliedarts.org