Bellingham SeaFeast 2017
Bellingham SeaFeast showcases and celebrates our rich marine heritage, thriving working waterfront, commercial fishing and seafood industries, and the culinary bounty of our corner of the Pacific Northwest. People of all ages and ethnicities are invited to come participate in this one-day event that offers various waterfront activities celebrating Bellingham’s marine heritage. Guests will also have the opportunity to learn about the harvest seasons of Salish Sea seafood to create local, healthy, and delicious family menus.
Allied Arts of Whatcom County is coordinating the art booth and activities component of this event with an emphasis on depicting our thriving marine heritage and lively Salish Sea. We invite artists, performers, presenters, & class instructors with a passion for Bellingham’s marine heritage to become a part of SeaFeast.
Want to get involved? Read the guidelines below and click the button at the bottom of the page to apply OR Click here: SeaFeast artist app to download a PDF of the application form.
Allied Arts is only responsible for coordination of the art booths and art activities for SeaFeast, if you'd like to get involved in other ways, please visit www.bellinghamseafeast.com
If you have any questions contact: Katy Tolles at 360-676-8548 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications Due: Thursday, June 5, 2017
- Art Booth Date: Saturday, September 23,2017
- Set up and Take Down: TBD
- Fesival Hours: TBD
- Booth Size & Fee: $50 for 10’ x 10’
By applying to this festival, you are agreeing to comply to the flowing guidelines:
- No commission is taken at this festival
- Application deadline is June 5, 2017 by 5 pm. Applications must include images and an application form. Allied Arts membership is appreciated but not required
- There is a $15 jury fee if you are NOT a current business level member of Allied Arts.
- Vendor and info. Booths may only display work in the categories in which they are accepted.
- All work must be hand-made: This guideline will be strictly adhered to for this festival due to the small number of booths. An emphasis will be put on selecting high quality arts, crafts, and packaged food (vs. using pre-made components)
- Vendors may not exhibit the work of other artists
- Collaborating artists may submit one application and pay for one booth only if they collaborate on every piece of work, or if each artists work is represented equally in the booth space.
- All work displayed must be of the quality submitted for jurying. Allied Arts reserves the right to require removal of items that are not of the quality and/or category approved.
- In order to sustain a high quality of work, everyone must jury, regardless of participation in pas AAWC festivals or shows
- Vendors will provide their own tents will provide their own tables, displays, and 10’x 10’ white top canopy. ABSOLUTILY NO TARPS OR MAKE-SHIFT TENTS WILL BE ALLOWED! All canopies must be weighted down due to the likeliness of weather and winds on the waterfront.
- Vendors and info booths must be present and their booths open for business throughout the entirety of the festival.
- Allied arts of Whatcom County acquires a special event contract for SeaFeast from the Port of Bellingham: this does NOT absolve vendors from their state & federal obligations. Vendors will handle all their own sales and liability insurance.
to be considered your application must include:
- Minimum of 4 current images (taken within the last 2 years), in digital format, either on a CD or flash drive. Images will be displayed on a LCD projector for jury and used for publicity, so please make sure the are high-resolution, If you have participated in other festivals, please include at least one picture of our display. If accepted, and images are of high caliber, they may be used for promotional purposes
- Image list with descriptions of each piece, include title, size, medium, price and year produced.
- Brief description of your information booth, technique and/or artists’ statement. We require at least a 30 word or less description for publicity purposes, but can include a longer one.
- Let us know if you will need electricity for your booth.
Submitting Your Application
Click the button below OR Click here: SeaFeast artist app to download a PDF of the application form.