Allied Arts of Whatcom County is addressing the needs of our community and is offering more opportunities through education, tourism, community and economic development. There are internship and volunteer opportunities available in each of the following projects. Specific tasks will be based on the applicant’s skills, interests and time available.
Gain Experience In
- Social Networking (Facebook, etc.)
- Website Uploading
- Grant Writing
- Graphic Design
- Art Education
- Programs & Events
Here some Volunteer Opportunities at Allied Arts
Arts Education Program Projects
We are restructuring our Arts Education program and have a number of projects.
Teaching Artist (TA) Training Program Help organize relevant training opportunities.
- Plan TA meetings
- Research training opportunities
- Create Curriculum Focused learning
- Assist TA with Lesson Plan Development
- Social-emotional focused lesson planning
- Work with Coalition Partners
- Implement Mentoring plan
Update Invoicing and Billing System Assist with streamlining and implementing a new online system to organize bookkeeping, especially invoicing and billing procedures.
- Receiving and processing TA invoices
- Billing school districts, PTAs and other funders
Update Program Summary and Evaluation Forms and Procedures Recording quantitative and qualitative data is an essential part of maintaining this program.
- Update Evaluation forms for school teachers, TA’s, and students
- Establish Summary Procedure
Arts Education Social Media Plan: Use social media sites to promote the Arts Ed program and events along with other Allied Arts programs.
- Website — Refine language; select, edit and upload photos; maintain page design continuity
- Tumblr — Ask TA for short write-up about recent class experiences
- Facebook — Posting photos and info about classes
- YouTube — Video interviews with TA
Training and info for School Staff and PTA AAEP/Art Parents Research successful programs training parent volunteers and school teachers to lead curriculum based arts education lessons in the classroom. Initiate and design a template for a program to implement in Whatcom County.
- Explore TA interest in facilitating parent/school staff trainings
- Collaborating with Coalition Partners
- Mentoring Projects
- Arts integrated Curriculums
Fundraising Potentials Increase Arts Education opportunities in schools by acquainting school staff and PTA AAEP with fundraising techniques through ArtsEd WA and other relevant sources.
- Provide key points and strategies for talks with school boards and potential funders about the importance of arts in schools.
- Education Project – Allied Arts Ed program info packet
- Create Fundraising and Advocacy Tool Kits
- Sale of Allied Arts Children’s Art Walk cards at school events
- Create simple grant writing guideline for the website
- Create a presentation or series of presentations for those who would like to learn how to bring arts into schools
Formulate Volunteer recruitment and maintenance strategy Having a strong volunteer base is vital to the success of this organization and finding new way to strengthen involvement is an ongoing task.
- Create and refine mailing lists for specific interests
- Initiate TA assistant training program
Major events include Children’s Art Walk Play a vital role in the fundraising, coordination, and marketing/promotion of this great event.
- Event coordination
- Community outreach