November 17 - December 24, 2016, 10am - 7pm, 7 days a week
(Closed Thanksgiving Day and at 3pm on Christmas Eve)
The Holiday Festival of the Arts is a five-week-long indoor arts festival featuring 100 artisans from our region. Aside from vendors selling their wares, the festival boasts live music and art workshops for children on the weekends.
The twofold purpose of the Holiday Festival is to encourage and support the creation and sale of locally produced fine art and crafts while providing an opportunity to connect artists and craftspeople with the general public. This juried festival pursues top quality original arts and crafts and seeks excellence in presentation. Festival proceeds support the visual arts in the region through Allied Arts of Whatcom County’s general and educational programs, community outreach, arts events, gallery shows, and artist resources.
Applications are now available for the 2017 Holiday Festival. Read the entire application here and click the button below or download this PDF - HF 2017 Artist Application to apply.
2017 Guidelines and Application for the Vendor Booths
Holiday Festival of the Arts Application Guidelines and Requirements
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE APPLICATION CAREFULLY!
If you have any questions about any part of the application please contact:
Katy Tolles at (360) 676-8548 x2 or email@example.com
The Holiday Festival of the Arts is a five-week-long indoor arts festival featuring 100 artisans from our region. Aside from vendors selling their wares, the festival boasts live music and workshops for children on the weekends.
The twofold purpose of the Holiday Festival is to encourage and support the creation and sale of locally produced fine art and crafts while providing an opportunity to connect artists and craftspeople with the general public. This juried festival pursues top quality original arts and crafts and seeks excellence in presentation. Festival proceeds support the visual arts in the region through Allied Arts of Whatcom County’s general and educational programs, community arts events, gallery shows, and artist resources.
**NOTE** This is a highly competitive juried festival. Allied Arts strives to choose a varied selection of new and returning exhibitors in a wide range of media and price points. Participants from last year are not automatically accepted again this year.
2017 Jury Timeline
Thursday, April 20 Friday, April 28 Monday, May 15
Deadline for Jury decisions Notification letters
Applications made sent to all applicants
2017 Holiday Festival Timeline
November 17 - December 24, 2016
Tuesday and Wednesday
November 14 & 15, times TBA
November 17 - December 24
Seven Days a Week 10am - 7pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day and closing at 3pm on December 24
Take-down and Clean up:
December 24, 26 & 27, times TBA
Booth Fees and Commission Rates
Booth Fee: $150
Size: 3’ x 6’
- All vendors must supply their own tables and display furniture.
- No jury fees but you must be an Allied Arts Business member, $75/year, to apply. (Sign up for membership here)
- Power is available but you need to supply your own 3-prong extension cord and power strip with fuse.
- You are welcome to use locked cases and we will have a dedicated person with keys. An effort will be made to place booths with higher value items closer to the register area.
- 30% commission will be taken from vendors at the Holiday Festival. All vendors are required to work a minimum of three (3) 3-hour security shifts (six shifts for double booths). If you do not complete all of your shifts, a 50% commission will be taken and/or your participation in future festivals will be jeopardized.
Guidelines for the 2017 Holiday Festival
By applying to the 2017 Holiday Festival, you are agreeing to comply with the following guidelines:
- Application deadline Thursday, April 20, 2017 by 5pm. All applications must include images, application form and needed membership, to be considered for the Holiday Festival.
- Artists may only display work in the categories in which they are accepted.
- All work must be hand-made by the artist applying: no work from kits, commercial plans, mass produced, factory made or assembled items are permitted. The artist must have direct, hands on involvement over the creative and production processes. Soap, bath and body, and food vendors must submit ingredient lists for their products.
- Artists may not exhibit the work of other artists.
- All work displayed must be of the quality submitted for jurying. Allied Arts reserves the right to require removal of items that are not of the quality and/or category approved through the jury process.
- In order to sustain a high quality of work, everyone must jury, regardless of past participation.
- Work must be merchandised within the allotted booth space in a creative and artistic manner.
- Allied Arts of Whatcom County reserves the right to make any necessary alteration to a booth to attain the highest level of presentation.
- Inventory must be maintained at a reasonable level throughout the duration of the show. Allied Arts of Whatcom County reserves the right to refuse future participation to any artist not maintaining their inventory.
- All vendors are required to complete three (3) 3-hour Security Shifts to receive the 30% commission rate. If artists do not complete these shifts, a 50% commission will be taken and your participation in future festivals may be jeopardized.
Allied Arts requires that everyone who applies for the 2017 Holiday Festival, must be an Allied Arts $75 Business Member. To upgrade your membership to become a Business Member please click here.
If you have any questions about any portion of this application please call Katy Tolles, Artist Services Coordinator, at 676-8548 x2, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists may apply until April 20, 2017. After that date, any applications submitted will be put on wait-list and used to fill vacancies as they arise in the medium needed. Vendors from 2016 are not automatically accepted for 2017, EVERYONE is juried every year to ensure quality work is exhibited.
Performers: We will be start scheduling performers for the Holiday Festival in October.
If you're interested in becoming a sponsor, please visit our Sponsorship page
Links for Artists (NOTE* Only pay your booth fee once you have received an acceptance letter from Allied Arts)