2016 Guidelines and Application for the Vendor Booths
Holiday Festival of the Arts
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE APPLICATION CAREFULLY!
If you have any questions about any part of the application please contact:
Katy Tolles at (360) 676-8548 x2 or email@example.com
To apply click the “Artist Application” button at the bottom or click here for a PDF version of the application HF 2016 Artist Application
The Holiday Festival of the Arts is a five-week-long indoor arts festival featuring 100 artisans from our region. Aside from vendors selling their wares, the festival boasts live music and workshops for children on the weekends.
The twofold purpose of the Holiday Festival is to encourage and support the creation and sale of locally produced fine art and crafts while providing an opportunity to connect artists and craftspeople with the general public. This juried festival pursues top quality original arts and crafts and seeks excellence in presentation. Festival proceeds support the visual arts in the region through Allied Arts of Whatcom County’s general and educational programs, community arts events, gallery shows, and artist resources.
**NOTE** This is a highly competitive juried festival. Allied Arts strives to choose a varied selection of new and returning exhibitors in a wide range of media and price points. Participants from last year are not automatically accepted again this year.
2016 Jury Timeline
Thursday, April 21 Friday, April 29 Monday, May 16
Deadline for Jury decisions Notification letters
Applications made sent to all applicants
2016 Holiday Festival Timeline Festival Dates:
November 22 – December 24, 2016
Tuesday and Wednesday, November 15 & 16, times TBA
November 22 – December 24, Seven Days a Week 10am – 7pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day and closing at 3pm on December 24
Take-down and Clean up:
December 24, 26 & 27, times TBA
Booth Fees and Commission Rates
Booth Fee: $150
Size: 3’ x 6’
- All vendors must supply their own tables and display furniture.
- No jury fees but you must be an Allied Arts Business member, $75/year, to apply.
- Power is available but you need to supply your own 3-prong extension cord and power strip with fuse.
- You are welcome to use locked cases and we will have a dedicated person with keys. An effort will be made to place booths with higher value items closer to the register area.
- 30% commission will be taken from vendors at the Holiday Festival. All vendors are required to work a minimum of three (3) 3-hour security shifts (six shifts for double booths). If you do not complete all of your shifts, a 50% commission will be taken and/or your participation in future festivals will be jeopardized.
Guidelines for the 2016 Holiday Festival
By applying to the 2016 Holiday Festival, you are agreeing to comply with the following guidelines:
- Application deadline Thursday, April 21, 2016 by 5pm. All applications must include images, application form and needed membership, to be considered for the Holiday Festival.
- Artists may only display work in the categories in which they are accepted.
- All work must be hand-made by the artist applying: no work from kits, commercial plans, mass produced, factory made or assembled items are permitted. The artist must have direct, hands on involvement over the creative and production processes. Soap, bath and body, and food vendors must submit ingredient lists for their products.
- Artists may not exhibit the work of other artists.
- All work displayed must be of the quality submitted for jurying. Allied Arts reserves the right to require removal of items that are not of the quality and/or category approved through the jury process.
- In order to sustain a high quality of work, everyone must jury, regardless of past participation.
- Work must be merchandised within the allotted booth space in a creative and artistic manner.
- Allied Arts of Whatcom County reserves the right to make any necessary alteration to a booth to attain the highest level of presentation.
- Inventory must be maintained at a reasonable level throughout the duration of the show. Allied Arts of Whatcom County reserves the right to refuse future participation to any artist not maintaining their inventory.
- All vendors are required to complete three (3) 3-hour Security Shifts to receive the 30% commission rate. If artists do not complete these shifts, a 50% commission will be taken and your participation in future festivals may be jeopardized.
Allied Arts requires that everyone who applies for the 2016 Holiday Festival, must be an Allied Arts $75 Business Member. To upgrade your membership to become a Business Member please check the appropriate box on the application form and include your dues payment with your submission.
**NOTE** Allied Arts Staff does not conduct the initial jury process, and the jury committee may not be familiar with your work. So quality photos of your works and booth set-ups are highly encouraged.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN April 21, 2016
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
To be considered for the 2016 Holiday Festival your application must include:
- 4 – 10 current images (taken within the last 2 years), either high-quality photographs or digital (at least 300dpi) in jpg format. If you have participated in other festivals, please include at least one picture of your display. (If accepted, images may be used for publicity)
- An image list with descriptions of each piece. (Include size, medium, price and year produced)
- A brief description of your technique and/or artist’s statement. Soap, bath and body, and food vendors please include ingredient lists for your products.
If you have any questions about any portion of this application please call Katy Tolles, Artist Services Coordinator, at 676-8548 x2, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After the application deadline, we will still accepting applications for wait-list. You will be notified by November 1st (sometimes sooner) if a spot becomes available. Wait-list applications are pulled in the order they were received to replace a vendor of the same medium. If you have any questions about any portion of this application please call Katy Tolles, Artist Services Coordinator, at 676-8548 x2, or email at email@example.com.
Performers: We will be start scheduling performers for the Holiday Festival in October.
If you’re interested in becoming a sponsor, please visit our Sponsorship page
Links for Artists (NOTE* Only pay your booth fee once you have received an acceptance letter from Allied Arts)
Our festivals aren’t possible without our great volunteers, sign up today to help with Kids Activities, Happy Hour or General Festival help *These shifts do not count toward participating artist shifts*